Falmouth Congregational Church, United Church of Christ
Job Posting for Office Assistant Position
The Falmouth Congregational Church Office is seeking someone from outside of the congregation for a part-time church office assistant position.
This position reports to the Office Manager. The position includes, but is not limited to: preparing the Sunday bulletin, answering telephone, filing, downloading sermon recordings, maintaining various data spreadsheets, maintain church pictorial directory and notifying local media and organizations of upcoming events.
Qualifications and Skills
Office Assistant Qualifications
- Previous experience in a church office environment, preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point, and Publisher) applications.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
- Working with “Church Windows” software is a plus.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, whether by phone or in person.
- Demonstrate strong technological skills.
- Be detail oriented.
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Able to multi-task.
- Be familiar with the seasons of the church and with laity responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times regarding persons and information.
- Have a welcoming disposition to all who come to Falmouth Congregational Church.
- Must pass background investigation to comply with church requirements.
Working Hours and Benefits
This is a part-time position of 18 hours per week, for 42 weeks with ten weeks off during the summer. Working hours are 8:45 AM – 3:15 PM; Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. There are seven paid days off annually, which include the major Holidays. No benefits.
Please mail resume to: Falmouth Congregational Church UCC ATTN: Personnel Committee, 267 Falmouth Road - Falmouth, ME 04105. No calls please. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org