Falmouth Congregational Church United Church of Christ
Posting for Office Manager Position
This position reports to the Pastor, and includes managing a staff of Office Assistant, Sexton, and Education Administrator. The position includes, but is not limited to: phone and e-mail support, general supplies management, communications administration, managing use of church space by parish and outside groups, supporting church ministries and committees, and collaborating with volunteers. The Office Manager is a resource person for both members and non-members, and is a welcoming and responsive presence in our church’s office. Falmouth Congregational Church has a vibrant church community, and it is noted for a pleasant, stable work environment.
Qualifications and Skills
Office Administration Qualifications
- Previous experience in a church office environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher) applications.
- Experience with “Church Windows” software is a plus.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times regarding persons and information.
- Welcoming disposition to all who come to Falmouth Congregational Church.
- Must pass background investigation to comply with church requirements.
Working Hours and Benefits
This is a three quarter-time (30 hours per week) salaried position, working Monday through Thursday. For eight weeks during the summer, the hours decrease to 20 hours per week. There are seven paid days off annually. No medical benefits are included.
Mail resume to Falmouth Congregational Church UCC ATTN: Personnel Committee, 267 Falmouth Road - Falmouth, ME 04105. No calls please. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org